Our new program serves girls and boys ages 11-17. This program is facilitated in schools, in after-school programs and foster care. We know that the transition to adolescence can be difficult and full of many decisions, conflicts and opportunities. Crossroads helps young females and males understand relationships, reduce teen dating violence, promote respect through the understanding of the responsibility that the role brings. Throughout the program, we work on building self-esteem and participants can be connected to a mentor for additional growth.
Who is eligible?
- You are a between the ages of 11-17
- You are a resident of Collin, Dallas, Denton or Tarrant county.
- Your are wanting to learn strategies for empowerment and gain self-esteem.
What will a participant learn in the program?
You will learn to :
- Identify and conduct healthy relationships
- Respect yourself and others around you
- Understand the responsibility
- Abstain from alcohol and frug use and delinquent behavior
- Cope with peer pressure
- Understand and handle the consequences of your actions
The cost of the program is $200.00 per person (free for CCYFS kids!) This includes all meals, snacks and course materials, including posters, folders and handouts, as well as t-shirts, books and certificates for each graduate.